Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings

I read this series many years ago and have since reread the entire series several times. The series consists of 5 books in the Belgariad and 5 books in the Mallorean. So why do I reread them? Alot of the newer fantasy books disappoint me. These books build in complexity and rich characters. It takes me to a place I'm comfortable at, away from the modern world :)
Pawn of Prophecy starts off slowly, but hooks you into the series. My favorite character is Silk. Read and see why. The journey of reading this book and series is epic, enjoyable, filled with swords and sorcery, suspense, intrigue, and beloved characters. This is a multigeneration book and series. I read it as a teenager and my teenagers have read it as well.

The Belgariad:
Pawn of Prophecy
Queen of Sorcery
Magician's Gambit
Castle of Wizardry
Enchanters' End Game

The Mallorean:
Guardians of the West
King of the Murgos
Demon Lord of Karanda
Sorceress of Darshiva
The Seeress of Kell

The Pawn of Prophecy is a Del Rey book (Random House Publishing Group).
Copyright 1982 David Eddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment